Manually Post Scheduled Transactions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 23:29:55 EDT 2017

Taking into account the fact that I don't really use scheduled transactions much these days, nevertheless I think you have a different model going from what gnucash does.
Specifically, in gnucash, a scheduled transaction is only a template; it is not a transaction itself. As a template, it lacks certain things, like a date. So, it makes sense that you can't edit a date in the scheduled transaction editor. A transaction doesn't exist until later.
Posting the transaction is mentioned in 4.5 where it discusses "Since last run. ..". This command is run when gnucash starts, and can also be run from the menus. This last is how you "manually" create a transaction.
Once the Since last run routine is triggered, you will have the opportunity to modify any aspect of the transaction. Indeed, at that point, it is simply another transaction.
This is why another person mentioned adding special text to the scheduled transactions--sometimes, a scheduled transaction will slip past without your notice, to turn up months later as a hard-to-find error.
HTH, David

  On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:03, pfwoolverton at juno.com<pfwoolverton at juno.com> wrote:   Thanks David, Section 4.5 explains how to set a scheduled transaction.  I don't see how to manually post the scheduled transaction.   I scheduled a transaction to pay my water bill based on a prior transaction in the ledger.   It is set to occur on the 9th of every month.  I did not set the transaction to be created by GC.  I want to manually post the transaction.  Prior to posting the transaction, I want to set the date,  the amount, and add a comment in the notes field.  In the Template tab of Edit Scheduled Transaction, I can edit several fields including the note field and the amount.   The Date column shows "Scheduled" and does not allow me to set a date.  I do not see how to set the date to the date I pay the bill and I do not see how to manually post the transaction.  ---------- Original Message ----------