Manually Post Scheduled Transactions

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 00:02:19 EDT 2017

I have not really used this but perhaps using the scheduled transaction
editor in the following way might accomplish what you want.

Create a scheduled transaction but mark only Enabled, Reminder and  Days
in advance. Set the frequency and approximate posting date. Create a
transaction template. When you select Scheduled Transactions Since Last
Run, each scheduled transaction within time interval between posting
date less days in advance and posting date will appear as a reminder in
the list. For those that you are ready to post, change Reminder to To
create. The template transaction will be created and then you can edit
the transaction itself to set the correct amounts.

If the goal is to save typing, both the ability to duplicate
transactions and the fact that gnucash tries to match what is being
typed in the Description to an existing transaction can be helpful.

Dale