For UK users: Will gnucash get ready for Making Tax Digital ?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jul 25 08:56:46 EDT 2017

On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 13:43:05 BST Christopher Lam wrote:
> I'd be quite keen to know processes for submitting VAT returns. I've never
> registered for VAT while I was UK resident but I'm submitting Australian
> GST statements quarterly.
> I'm enjoying learning scheme and I feel I will be able to generate a
> workable GST/VAT scheme report within weeks.

Hi,

the system at the moment is to fill in an online form - usually quarterly, but
there are some HMRC rules to allow annual returns for very small entities, but
I don't know about them

. I generate the half-dozen or so relevant numbers from GC data using saved
reports customised from the transaction report, and manually copy them across
from GC to firefox.

The VAT report you propose wouldn't be far removed from the transaction
report, I'd imagine.  I have several custom reports to generate the
appropriate totals; could probably make a saved  mutli-column report to embed
the transaction reports into to get everything with fewer mouse clicks.

HTH,
Maf.