Is there a way to set an account's beginning balance AFTER having created it in GnuCash?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jul 28 14:54:00 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Thu, July 27, 2017 4:33 pm, bobaug at gmail.com wrote:
> I’ve searched the help and can’t find anything that addresses this
> question.

An account opening balance is just a regular tranasaction between that
account and an Equity account (normally Equity:Opening Balances".  During
account creation if you enter that amount it will auto-create that
transaction for you.  But in your case, just create that transaction
manually.  It's the same end result.

> Thanks!
>
> Bob

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745