Is there a way to set an account's beginning balance AFTER having created it in GnuCash?

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Fri Jul 28 15:20:21 EDT 2017

A thought,

I never, or just the last 40 years, make a beginning entry in account
creating.  Sometimes I set up my next year before I have closed out my
previous year, so I don't have the final transactions for the Asset,
Liability and Equity accounts.  I have a list of opening balance
transactions for those accounts. which I create each year, whether the
amounts are zero or not. Keeps me in control vs. the program.

John