fuzzy text in the register

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 31 00:22:28 EDT 2017

> On Jul 30, 2017, at 11:08 PM, David Reiser <dbreiser at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> I recently bought a retina iMac (approx. 217 dpi). The text in the register looks like it has anti-aliasing problems from 20 years ago. While it is readable, it is ugly and distracting.
>
> The interface elements — icon labels, tab labels, Totals bar, and status bar— all render perfectly sharp.
>
> I can change the font with .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash, but that doesn’t help much.
>
> Is there some other setting I can invoke in the gtkrc file to get better font rendering in the register?

I haven't noticed that problem on my late 2014 MBP Retina, but it's in California and I'm in Europe for the next month with my 2010 MBA so I can't look at it. The best I can suggest at the moment is to make sure that you use a font from Font Book and not a FontConfig font. I can also offer hope that the next major version of GnuCash will use Gtk3 instead of Gtk2 and will therefore have much better HiDPI support.

Regards,
John Ralls