Schwab Brokerage account/Roth OFX

vipdm lemma569 at hacari.org
Sat Jun 3 16:38:34 EDT 2017

Has anyone been able to get Gnucash direct OFX connection for Schwab
brokerage accounts to work, specifically a Roth IRA? I was able to set it up
using the online banking wizard, and it successfully displayed the account
numbers when I retrieved the accounts. I associated the correct one (for my
Roth IRA) with an investment account in Gnucash, which I created under Stock
- Brokerage Account  -Investments.

However, when I click on Actions - Online Actions, and "Get Transactions", I
receive the following message:

The Online Banking import returned no transactions for the selected time
period.

When I try "Get Balance", it seems to work (that is, some processing time
and no error message) but the balance still shows in Gnucash as 0.

Also I had to specify a symbol when creating the account, I used one of the
tickers that are held in that account, but I am not sure why it is necessary
as I would have expected Gnucash to download each of the tickers and
balance?

Thanks for any help.