Reconciling an account

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 03:28:04 EDT 2017

Chris
If the reconcile window shows the same starting balance as your
statement does and you have set the ending balance to that from the
statement then after you tick off all the transactions from the
statement then you should end up with a reconcile difference of zero.
If you don't get zero then probably one of the items you have ticked
off is not the same as on the balance. Probably the amounts on the
statement and in the reconcile window differ in one of the digits and
you have not noticed when you tick them off, this has happened to me a
number of times, it is easy to tick it off without noticing a minor
difference.  Double check all the values and you will probably find
the difference.

Colin