New PC

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 7 08:52:42 EDT 2017

Hi,

You can find the file from within GC on the old PC (you haven't mentioned an OS)
- if there's no file extension are you on a linux distro?

File -> Save As will give you a pointer to the correct path to find your data
file.

In fact, while you are in File -> Save As... you might as well just save to a
USB stick and save some clicking...

Or if you have already copied your ~ to the new PC, just navigate to the same
path on the new PC and see what is there.

HTH,
Maf.

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 13:39:30 BST Edwin Humphreys wrote:
> Thanks for pointing me at that info. But I’m still confused. On the old PC,
> the release is 2.4.10 and I don’t see any file with an extension .gnucash.
> Maybe the file extensions are different in release 2.6.16.
>
> Any other thoughts?

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542