New PC

Edwin Humphreys edwinh at eircom.net
Wed Jun 7 09:35:23 EDT 2017

Hi Maf (bit of confusion - you are now answering my earlier query - same issue).

Let me tell you exactly what I have done:

*	On the old PC (Windows 10, but GnuCash 2.4.10 was installed under Windows 8) I copied everything in Program Files (x86) onto a USB stick.
*	On the new PC (Windows 10), I downloaded GnuCash 2.6.16.
*	I then copied all files from the USB stick to the same location on the new PC, replacing any of the same name.
*	I then opened GnuCash.

I don’t know how to access my data (assuming it has been transferred – I could well have done something untoward). The accounts do not appear as before and in ‘Open File’ I have the whole machine to choose from, which is not much help. Any ideas?

Thanks - Edwin