New PC

Katie Eldridge eldridgetideswell-katie at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 09:28:07 EDT 2017

The file with all your financial data on it is just a normal file.  If
you open GnuCash on your old computer and go to File -> Save as... the
dialog which opens should show you the whereabouts of the file you
currently have open, which is the file where your financial data
resides.  Save this file onto a usb stick, move it to the folder where
you want your financial data to reside on your new PC, and then you will
know where to go in the File -> Open dialog.  There are some preferences
which will not carry over with this file:  you have been given links to
info about the preferences file, which varies between operating systems,
but if you're not certain about these you can just set up the
preferences on your new system manually.

hth,

Katie