New PC

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 7 09:23:55 EDT 2017

Hi Edwin.

Suggest that you firstly don't try and copy a program from one PC to the other
by dragging the Program folder around.  You should download & install GC from
scratch on the new PC.

As previously alluded, your GC data file(s) SHOULD not be in Program Files, but
somewhere in your user data folders. ("Home Folders")   If you don't know
where exactly you have saved you file, then (on the old PC, within GC which
should open your accounts file up as it starts) use File -> Save As to start
your hunt off in the correct direction.

Then you simply have to move the data file to the new PC. If it is in a folder
you have already copied, then once you have correctly installed GC on the new
PC, file->open should let you navigate to it.

As to things looking different - are you changing a windows version? I can't
say for sure, as I don't use windows, but maybe a change in underlying OS will
make things generally look different?

HTH,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542