Problem with balance sheet and transaction reports

Pierre Maitre po.maitre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 13:34:30 EDT 2017

Hi everyone

I have imported  QIF data from Quicken into Gnucash  from three
different bookkeeping periods in order to have all my bookkeeping data
in a single file.
My Gnucash version is 2.6.1, running under Linux (Ubuntu 14.04). The
import went smoothly. I now have been working 5 months on it without
problem.
The file is large and contains actually 41'287 transactions (25 years).

The problem arised when I tried to get a balance sheet. The total
amount for Liabilities will print, but the total amount for Assets
will not.
I tried to get balance sheets from previous years: il works well up to
year 2009, and the problem start for years 2010 and later.

After that, I tried to get transactions reports  of different
accounts, and it works if I limit the range to a 3-4 years, but then
Gnucash crashes if I ask for a larger transactions report involving 5
years or more.

Is there a limit in the number of  transactions in Quicken

Thanks in advance for your help

Pierre