Asset Barchart Report

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 07:43:56 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have found that the standard Asset Barchart report that comes with GnuCash is incredibly slow to render. When I attempt to use this report, it takes easily two to four minutes to render, and uses the entire CPU capacity on my computer while it works on this report. Given that nearly every other report runs much more quickly (usually under a minute), I suspect that this report’s methods are not particularly efficient.

I am wondering whether anyone with skill and/or knowledge of the report’s code could identify the problem with this report so that it might get fixed. As it is currently structured, it is difficult to use.

TIA,
David T.