Transaction Journal View - blank "Memo" instead of Description

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Jun 10 13:41:13 EDT 2017

Hi.
Welcome to GnuCash.
The transaction description is on the top line with the date.
Each split line also has a memo field. This is what you see in transaction journal mode.
There is also a note field, which is visible in double line mode.
Hope this helps.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity or typos.