Clicking setup aqbanking crashes gnucash in Windows

jmp at sdf.org jmp at sdf.org
Fri Jun 16 12:38:51 EDT 2017

Hello list, I could use some help troubleshooting this error.  I have
created a brand new gnucash file; in fact this is a new installing of
GnuCash altogether.

GnuCash 2.6.16 on Windows 7.

I go to Tools -> Online Banking Setup

When I click "Start AqBanking Wizard" I get the Windows "gnucash.exe has
stopped working" error dialogue.

Un-installing and Re-installing does not fix the issue.  In Windows Event
Viewer I see one error for GnuCash.  I will paste the details of it at the
end of this message.

Is there a better log I can find in my system to diagnose what is going on?

Faulting application name: gnucash.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
0x58d7e4a2
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0028f1ce
Faulting process id: 0x1630
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e6bec789e02e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 2592bbc6-52b2-11e7-adc7-b8ca3a87033d