Clicking setup aqbanking crashes gnucash in Windows

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jun 16 15:56:17 EDT 2017

> On Jun 16, 2017, at 9:38 AM, jmp at sdf.org wrote:
>
> Hello list, I could use some help troubleshooting this error.  I have
> created a brand new gnucash file; in fact this is a new installing of
> GnuCash altogether.
>
> GnuCash 2.6.16 on Windows 7.
>
> I go to Tools -> Online Banking Setup
>
> When I click "Start AqBanking Wizard" I get the Windows "gnucash.exe has
> stopped working" error dialogue.
>
> Un-installing and Re-installing does not fix the issue.  In Windows Event
> Viewer I see one error for GnuCash.  I will paste the details of it at the
> end of this message.
>
> Is there a better log I can find in my system to diagnose what is going on?

No need, it's a known problem with an AQBanking component library. We'll get it resolved in the next release two weeks from now; in the meantime you should install GnuCash 2.6.15, create your AQBanking setup, and then reinstall Gnucash 2.6.16.
Older releases are available from our pages on SourceForge and Github.

Regards,
John Ralls