assistance request

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 17:01:31 EDT 2017

On 21 June 2017 at 16:00, Cathy Hobart <chobart at cnyepiscopal.org> wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> One of our groups was using GnuCash to keep their accounting records. The
treasurer has left and turned over electronic records to me. However, I
have been unable to use the software to access the backups he made. Would
someone be able to give me detailed assistance on how to restore a backup
file to the software so I may access the data?

Assuming the file is on your computer (it will be probably be called
accounts.gnucash, or something-else.gnucash, whatever the treasurer decided
to call it, then open gnucash, if it comes up with an error about not
finding a file then just accept the error and use the menu option File >
Open and browse to the .gnucash file and open it. If you wish to keep using
that file then just carry on, the next time you open gnucash it will
automatically open that file. If you wish to save it in a different
location on the PC then use File > Save As and browse to wherever you want
to save it.