assistance request

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 21 17:03:32 EDT 2017

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 16:00:20 BST Cathy Hobart wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> One of our groups was using GnuCash to keep their accounting records.  The
> treasurer has left and turned over electronic records to me.  However, I
> have been unable to use the software to access the backups he made.  Would
> someone be able to give me detailed assistance on how to restore a backup
> file to the software so I may access the data?

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to GC & the list.

I'm sure that collectively, the list will be able to help get you going.  You
haven't yet given us much info to be able to start, though.

What operating system do you use?

Have you downloaded and installed GnuCash?
Which version?
Can you run it without loading the old data file?   (It would almost certainly
be useful for you to have a test file to use to get familiar with the program
before attacking real data!)

Is the old data file on a USB key or some other location for transfer - what is
its filename?

Best regards,
Maf.