assistance request

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Thu Jun 22 07:22:29 EDT 2017

On 6/21/2017 11:00 AM, Cathy Hobart wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> One of our groups was using GnuCash to keep their accounting records.  The treasurer has left and turned over electronic records to me.  However, I have been unable to use the software to access the backups he made.  Would someone be able to give me detailed assistance on how to restore a backup file to the software so I may access the data?
>
> Faithfully,
> Cathy Hobart
> The Diocese of CNY
> 1020 7th North St., Ste. 200
> Liverpool, NY 13088
> 315-474-6596 x131
> 315-478-1632 (fax)
Add to things to tell us (and you will have to find out) --- HOW did
your ex-treasurer do backups? Just copy the files to another device OR
us some general purpose backup application (which might have compressed
them, just saved deltas, etc. )

IF just copied the files to another device/medium the restore is simple.
If a backup application was used, will have to follow its restore
procedure.

Michael D Novack