Tracking Primary Residences

Leo Bolta lbolta at rogers.com
Mon Jun 26 19:45:40 EDT 2017

Adrien, thanks for posting your recommendation again, as I did not see your
original post due to my mix-up in signing up to the email distribution list.
I've now tried implementing as per your recommendation, by treating the
unrealized gain as an equity rather than income and it worked out great!  My
charts now look normal and the valuation fluctuations only showing up in the
Balance Sheet. I plan to run conservation updates on resident property
valuations maybe once a year, at about 3/4's the "ball-park" value just to
stay on the conservative side things.

Best regards,

Leo