Automating home mortgage splits?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 13:45:06 EDT 2017

Dan,

Many will point you to the scheduled transactions and the Mortgage assistant. I always found that there was an inevitable difference between the amount that got calculated by GnuCash, and what the lender calculated for the specific amounts. Given that variation, I always felt it was easier simply to enter the transaction by hand. Since the Autofill feature will create the general splits, it is easy enough to change the amounts to match the lender statements.

Best,
David