Help with Australian Shares

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 1 06:37:14 EST 2017

Hi, Gilbert,

It's useful for you to also reply back to the list so that other people
can see the reply, follow the discussion and perhaps help.

To get online quotes, you need to install the perl module Finance::Quote
(and on Windows, you probably need to install perl, too).

I've never set up GnuCash on Windows, I use a Mac, but I'm sure others
on the Gnucash list can help.

You generally get the "can't obtain lock" error if Gnucash has crashed
or exited somehow without cleaning up. The usual thing to do is to just
tell it to continue and clear the lock.

Peter