categorized monthly expense reports?

Elmar eschmeisser at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 1 15:29:12 EST 2017

Good afternoon to the list

I am trying to set up 3 expense reports:  fixed expenses, variable
expenses and discretionary expenses.  Into each of these I want to place
some of the categories/accounts under the expenses tab.  But I see no
way to create these "super-categories" other than creating them in the
basic list of accounts, i.e. not just one account labeled "expenses"
(placeholder account, with subaccounts under it), but 3 separate
placeholder accounts.  Have I parsed this correctly?

- Elmar