interesting Figures (Shouldn't They Match?) **CLOSED THREAD**

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Mar 4 08:16:30 EST 2017

On 3/4/2017 3:48 AM, Liz wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:10:31 -0500
> Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that Michael. I was thinking the same way, that "cash" to me
> means physical notes held at home, and that "Cash" that Jay is thinking
> of is actually a bank-type account which contains easily accessible
> reserve funds.
>
> Liz
Not necessarily even easier/quicker to access. It would depend on the
rules of the fund. For example, one of the investment options with my
401k is "cash" << would specify a larger amount of the fund here if one
expected markets to decline >> but distributions from it might take the
same amount of time as distributions from any other of the sub forms. In
other words, the rules specify how many business days after making a
distribution request one would actually receive the money. And since
limited to four distributions per year, might have to wait till the next
year if have already taken four.

And not really a "bank account" but funds would be invested in the
"money market" (extremely short term obligations). In other words, cash
equivalents.

Michael D Novack

Michael D Novack