Invoice problems

Katie Eldridge eldridgetideswell-katie at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 11:06:19 EST 2017

Hello Jerry,
1/2/4:  I think this sounds as though you haven't yet found the report
options and different possible printable invoices.  There are four
possible invoice layouts (more if you make custom ones), called
'printable invoice', 'easy invoice', 'fancy invoice' and 'tax invoice'.
You can find them under Reports ->Business.  Then go to Edit -> Report
options, and select the invoice you want to print and the stylesheet you
want to use.  There is also a box where you can add extra text, so you
could put your billing terms there - there's a tick box for billing
terms too, but I can't work out how this is connected to anything...
Printable invoice is the only one with today's date under your company
details; tax invoice has the most flexibility, but works slightly
differently than the others in how it uses the stylesheets.  When you've
decided which layout you like best, you can set the 'invoice for
printing' under Edit->Preferences -> Business, then when you go to print
from your invoice it will pick the correct report layout for you.  If
you completely can't get the invoice to look the way you want it to,
it's possible to copy and paste from the report to a word processor for
editing:  this is quicker in the short term at least than learning how
to make a custom report.

3:  what exactly did you do when you were trying to enter the new
account in your invoice?  I know I have had occasions when I've realised
half-way through an invoice that I needed a new account, and when I
added it to the income account list it immediately appeared in the
drop-down list for account on the invoice:  you will need to press save,
but I don't think I needed to do anything else.

hth,
Katie