Empty fields in Debit/Crredit when importing from CSV

Abhijit Kshirsagar abhijit86k at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:37:48 EST 2017

Hello all,

The statement I get from my bank looks like this:
http://imgur.com/a/jbzjl

Specifically, one among the debit and credit columns are empty.
If I try to import this CSV into gnucash it complains that it is not
able to understand the credit [or debit] field. My workaround is to
use a formula to generate additional columns that either have zero
instead of blanks, but perhaps Gnucash can be patched to interpret
blanks as zero?
Or is there some reason why this cannot/should not be done?

Abhijit