GnuCash doesn't handle fractional cents properly with tax tables

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 8 12:48:33 EST 2017

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017 17:19:14 GMT Omari Stephens wrote:
> Bump?
>
> --Omari

> > Thoughts?  Suggestions?  I'll probably just record a 1-cent correction
> > line for now, but this is kind of frustrating.  This is GnuCash 2.6.15.

Hi,

I just record the occasional penny to correct (either way - sometimes I need
to add a penny VAT, sometimes take one away)

I have one supplier who itemises the bill and calculates VAT per line item.
The VAT total and Net total are often "out of ratio" by 1,2 or even 3p.  I
think that hitting every corner case from around the world programatically
wouldn't be particularly possible (given the dev time & priorities available)
- although that isn't to say that the current situation is (or isn't) optimal.

HTH,
Maf.