I have a 2.4 database and 2.6 software. Help

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:14:48 EST 2017

Jamie,

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the
http://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml downloads page - all the previous
versions are available for download there including the 2.4.xxxx series if
you really want to reinstall the version you had previously.  Personally I
always go with the latest version as I expect it to have more bug fixes/new
bits and pieces :-)

I think 2.6.15 should be able to open a gnucash file created by version 2.4
so your problem may be more fundamental.

Looking at your other post I would expect your latest file to be named
"Jamie Data since 2014.gnucash"  NOT something like "Jamie Data since
2014.gnucash.20170310080945.gnucash"  ?

Cheers Dave H.