Report Generation

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 22:17:41 EST 2017

I agree it's an oddity. I can run the original Transaction Report, and
select both Income and Expense accounts. The running total will add all of:
+ve numbers for incomes received
+ve numbers for monies spent (less refunds)
Which means the total amount at the bottom of the report gives the
meaningless value of Incomes+Expenses. I'd thought it should show
Incomes-Expenses as total.
Conclusion - although internally expenses are recorded with a positive
sign, and incomes with a negative sign, somewhere along the standard
Transaction Report the income sign is reversed.