Quotation Marks in Consolidated Reports

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Sun Mar 12 12:13:54 EDT 2017

Hi Doug,
  Thank you for distributing your improved transaction report. I'm finding it very useful.

  That said, I did find a strange, but minor, bug in the consolidation code. Any letter that immediately follows a single quotation mark (') is converted to uppercase when the Consolidate Transactions checkbox is set. So, "Annie's Hot Dogs" comes out "Annie'S Hot Dogs" and "Brandon's Diner" comes out "Brandon'S Diner", but "Ca' di Francesco" comes out "Ca' di Francesco". Unchecking the Consolidate Transactions box restores the proper lowercase letters. The same issue appears to apply to letter immediately following a double quotation mark ("). I don't use them in transaction descriptions, so I have not tested this extensively.

Best,
John