Quotation Marks in Consolidated Reports

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Sun Mar 12 12:27:38 EDT 2017

Hi Doug,
  I've discovered that the bug I just reported is more general that I originally realized. It appears that descriptions, memos and notes are all converted to Word Case. Every "word" in any of these fields gets an initial capital letter and all the remaining letters are converted to lowercase, regardless of how the appear in the original transactions. This means that "CapitalOne" is converted to "Capitalone", "IRS" is converted to "Irs", "AT&T" is converted to "At&T" and "Rewards for the last few months" is converted to "Rewards For The Last Few Months". Apparently, double and single quotation marks (along with at least some other nonletter characters) constitute a word boundary even if they are not associated with white space.

  As I said before, this is a minor bug compared to the convenience of the report, but it would be nice if the descriptions, memos and notes were left unchanged. In fact, the consolidation would make it easy to catch miscapitalized memos if the comparison were strictly case sensitive.

Best,
John