Import by Description?

Lin Pro linforpros at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:17:53 EDT 2017

Hi,
I have imported 12 months of business account transactions into gnucash.
The data was in the OFX format. I decided to import everything into
IMBALANCED account.

Is there an automation procedure to start from here?
I can now "sort by" Description which gives me a nice view of all the
categories (accounts).
By the way I have setup all the necessaty accounts so I would be ready
to populate them with the transaction.

So far the only way that I have descovered is to manually assign each
transaction to an account.
I think there should be a way to mass assign them with "multiple
select" and then to choose an account.

Question:
Can I multiple select transactions in order to choose an account for
them, thus saving a lot of time?

I do not want to use the import module again and use the learing
feature... Sorry.

best regards
linforpros