Import by Description?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Mar 14 01:12:53 EDT 2017

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 19:17:53 -0500
Lin Pro <linforpros at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have imported 12 months of business account transactions into
> gnucash. The data was in the OFX format. I decided to import
> everything into IMBALANCED account.
>
> Is there an automation procedure to start from here?
> I can now "sort by" Description which gives me a nice view of all the
> categories (accounts).
> By the way I have setup all the necessaty accounts so I would be ready
> to populate them with the transaction.
>
> So far the only way that I have descovered is to manually assign each
> transaction to an account.
> I think there should be a way to mass assign them with "multiple
> select" and then to choose an account.
>
> Question:
> Can I multiple select transactions in order to choose an account for
> them, thus saving a lot of time?
>

> I do not want to use the import module again and use the learing
> feature... Sorry.
>

> best regards
> linforpros

sorry, but your choice not to assign an account at import is a major
problem.

No, there are no ways to select multiple transactions and move them.

Best advice is to regard this as 'learning' and start again..
Import only a small number of transactions in each pass. Assign every
transaction to its account.
Then import another small group, and you will benefit from the learning
done the program.

Liz