Year end options

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 16 11:41:32 EDT 2017

Hi,

"Alain Dormoy" <cageda at bbox.fr> writes:

>  Thanks a lot to the three of you. I didn't know it was possible to
> hide accounts. Sounds great.

Yes, there are two flags:

* Hidden -- this will hide the account from the Chart of Accounts.  But
  you will still be able to put transactions to it, and it will still
  show up in the drop-down list in the register.  I don't recall if this
  also hides the account from reports; it might.

* Placeholder -- this will make the account read-only so you wont be
  able to add any transactions into it.  It will also remove the account
  from the drop-down list in the register.  However the account will
  still show up in the Chart of Accounts and you will still be able to
  choose it in reports.

Hope this helps.