"Account" option for search

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 23:00:11 EDT 2017

Gomer,

Chris’s comment goes partway to explaining how search works in GnuCash in general, but doesn’t answer your question directly.

Regarding Chris’s point: when invoked in an account, Find searches that account, whereas if invoked in the Chart of Accounts, it will search the entire accounst structure.

Now, as to your question, I had similar results when I tried what you did; however, if you choose “All accounts” in the find dialogue, it will have the effect you are seeking, I think. I don’t use the search features extensively, so I have no idea what the difference between these two choices is.

If it were me, to see all the transactions going to a particular account, I would simply open that account up. In your case, I’d open the “Medical” account. Then I’d see all transactions going to that account.

Cheers,
David