Different financial years

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 22 21:14:19 EDT 2017

Maf,

Perhaps with preferences it may be desirable to set them up so that the user
preferences which are stored in the home directory act as a set of defaults
for when a new set of books is created, but each set of books has its own
preference settings which are unique to that set of books.

This would allow a user to then have more than one set of books with
different preferences ut still retain a def. This could be useful where the
different book sets serve different purposes, eg  personal finances,
business finances , or a club etc.

I have thought for some time that this approach might be useful, but would
like to gauge how others feel before looking at whether it is not to hard to
implement. I have been looking for a bit of a project to start programming
in Gnucash.regards

David Cousens