New transaction report - consolidates / creates composite if same description, has find capability and can convert annual data to daily amounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 00:49:01 EDT 2017

Doug,

Can you clarify for everyone precisely which files are meant to be included in your report release? I have config.user and 5 scm files:
config.user			report-other-menu.scm
gnctimeperiod-utilities.scm	transaction.scm
income-expense-statement.scm	transactionbypayee.scm

Is this transaction.scm meant to be included? I will note that when I put Doug’s transaction.scm file in my user folder, I ended up with two “Transaction Report” entries in the GnuCash Reports menu.

Checking closely, I found that one was the newly-modified version. A little bit of hacking got the new transaction report placed in the “Other” submenu and renamed “Transaction Report (New)," making it easier to differentiate from the original.

So, it’s possible that Peter has installed the report, but not realized that it is there.

Doug, perhaps you might modify the report as I did to make it different from the report included in the main package.

David T.