gnucash crashes during csv import - what's the approved csv formats?

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 07:28:59 EDT 2017

Dear Karin,

Please consider using my "advice" with great care for reasons that will become self-evident.  In my experience I opened the csv file in libreoffice calc, resaved, opened it in Bluefish (or any text editor) and ended each line with a blank field i.e. ',,'.  This did the trick for me.  I would love to know if I did something right, or just got lucky.

Best of luck.  I think this is a great product and as a bookkeeper much faster to use than Sage, but without the safeguards.  I feel indebted to the team and hope my offering serves some use by way of thanks.

Uttam