Importing from Moneydance

John Northey johnnorthey01 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 08:01:42 EDT 2017

I’ve given up on Moneydance after all the problems with their last update and would like to try GNUCash.

I have exported the main file from Moneydance (which according to Moneydance is supposed to be .qif format).

However, when I try and import the data into GNUCash the file does not show as a .qif file, and only appears under All Files. I try to import that but   I receive the message "Transaction date: Unrecognised or inconsistent format”. I have also  tried with individual accounts but get the same result.

Can anyone help?