Add columns to the Generic import transaction matcher

reaneyp preaney at gmail.com
Sun May 7 11:28:09 EDT 2017

Hello:

Is there a way that I can add columns to the import matcher?  When i import
OFX files from my bank, I'm doing it for several accounts at once.  The
dialog box that pops up has a list of all the transactions and one of the
columns is the 'destination' account (for example "Expenses:Auto:Gas"), but
the 'source' account is not there.  This makes transfers between accounts
difficult to figure out. I'm actually surprised that it can't figure that
out by itself.

Anyway, there will be two rows that say 'transfer debit' and 'transfer
credit' with the same date and amount. The 'Info' field will say something
like 'New, UNBALANCED, (need acct to transfer $xxx)!" I know they are the
two ends of the same transaction, but there's not enough information here to
reconcile it properly.

It winds up creating two separate entries, one in the source acct and the
other in the desintation account, each with the other side in 'imbalance
USD'. I then have to go into the 'Imbalance USD' account and set one of them
to the right account, then delete the other.

If the 'source' account was one of the columns I could figure this all out
before completing the import.  Is there a config somewhere that would let me
add this column? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you