Unrealized losses

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:49:12 EDT 2017

Unrealized gains do not appear explicitly in transactions,  They appear as
a result of changes in the value of one or more of the split lines relative
to the other split lines.  You need to look at all of the split lies of the
transactions on Dec 20 2010 and see which split line(s) are not valued in
euros to see the unrealized gain or loss.  Then you can decide whether to
fix those lines or add an offset as I mentioned before.

If every split line in every transaction is valued in euros then there may
be an error "under the hood".  In my experience those bad transactions
would give an incorrect running balance in one or more of the affected
accounts.  Sometimes they can be fixed by entering zero into all the split
boxes that do not have a value other than zero.  that would be once in each
line opposite the box with a non-zero value.  Otherwise they may have to be
replaced with new transactions that look identical but do not have an error
under the hood.

David C