Total Liabilities & Equity entry in default Balance Sheet report

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Tue May 9 19:26:19 EDT 2017

Dear All I would appreciate some advice regarding the entry "Total Liabilities & Equity" at the bottom of the default Balance Sheet report.

The situation I am dealing with is:
The business assets total 37k.It is in negative equity with losses brought forward of 42k.It's short and long term liabilities total another 79k.Therefore 'Total Liabilities & Equity' should surely be 121k, whereas the Balance Sheet reports 37k.

I hope I have not missed something obvious and am wasting your time, therefore I offer in advance my thanks and apologies in equal part.  I am merely curious.

Uttam