Issues with Importing Invoices

Bruce Danielson DanielsonB at LogRoom.com
Sat May 27 23:36:02 EDT 2017

Greetings - I am a fairly new user, and have a couple of business questions.
I was looking to see if I can make, print & send to vendors Purchase Orders
in GnuCash, and assign this to job(s) if necessary.  I see Orders in the
Properties / Counters tab but there is little to no explanation as to what
this is for.  Could be for stock orders, but having them pre-numbered
doesn't make sense.  This looks like maybe a latent Purchase Order
numbering?

Yes I can twist & alter a custom Vendor Bill printout to say Purchase Order,
& send that, but that's not exactly the same thing.  So just wondering what
the thoughts are on that.

On a related topic - are the Jobs relating to Customers the same as Jobs
relating to vendors?  Can A Job relate to A Vendor with multiple Bills AND
also to A Customer with multiple Invoices?  This is a little confusing, but
I can see from what I do having A Job that covers A Customer AND A Vendor.
Trouble is I might have multiple vendors, but usually one customer per job.

Any feedback on either topic is appreciated.

Thanks,

Buster