Price Editor broke today for unknown reasons

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 2 10:32:04 EDT 2017

Keith Myers <keith.myers at att.net> writes:

> I can't get Price Editor to work today. Worked fine up till
> yesterday.  Now all it does is hang GnuCash with a spinner and
> timeout.  I completely removed Perl and reinstalled including the
> Finance-Quote module.  When I run gnc-fq-check, gnc-fq-dump, and
> gnc-fq-update, they all come back with the expected correct
> All the rest of GnuCash is working correctly, just the Price Editor
> can't get any updates.  I have repaired GnuCash, rebooted the computer
> umpteen times and nothing has got the Price Editor to not hang
> GnuCash.

I presume you mean "Price Grabber" and not "Price Editor".  The *Price
Editor" itself does not use Perl or anything else -- it's a dialog that
lets you manually enter prices.  If you then click on "Get Quotes", that
launches the "Price Grabber", which does use Perl.

Apparently Yahoo is b0rked right now.