F::Q 1.40 uploaded

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 14:30:52 EST 2017

Erik,

Thank you for working on a fix to the Yahoo! Finance problem. I am sure it has been a challenge.

As a general question to the GnuCash-users list: How do various GnuCash users upgrade their F::Q to use this newest version, and how should the environment variable be set? On my Mac, for example, trying to “upgrade Finance::Quote” from a CPAN shell tells me that F::Q is up to date, even though it is at 1.38. Moreover, if I export the variable at a terminal prompt, it seems to go away upon exit. I imagine I am not the only Mac user challenged by these points, and I don’t know what Windows users have to do at all. Some guidance would be greatly helpful!

David