GnuCash skips lines with identical dollar amounts during bank statement import

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 18:43:17 EST 2017

Todd,

The OFX/QFX import requires a lot of TLC during the import to get
everything right.  During the verification step it is critical to examine
each transaction carefully to be sure that if it is new it gets added, if
it matches an existing transaction in your data it is matched to the
correct existing transaction, etc.

The details vary depending on some of your settings, but as John points out
in his reply, you probably see some highlighted in red that should be
changed to be accepted during the import.

Note that once GnuCash has seen a transaction in an import file, it will
recognize it if it appears again.  This is true even if you rejected it in
the previous import session. There is also a small chance that your source
file is incomplete, so if you cannot complete a reconciliation without
re-importing some missing transactions, that requires some jumping through
hoops.  In that case it may be easier to create the missing transactions
manually.

David C