Finance-Quote 1.42 released!

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Mon Nov 6 20:06:19 EST 2017

> If you launch GnuCash using the launcher in a Finder window, add your
> "export ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXX" line to the file
> "/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash". I added it just
> below the last current export line.

On a similar note, if you launch Gnucash from the launcher on Ubuntu
16.04, add a line with your API KEY to "/etc/gnucash/environment" in the
form "ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".

However, it appears the resources behind the API may be getting
overwhelmed. I've been getting more timeouts than successful data
retrieval. Even when trying the sample URLS
(https://www.alphavantage.co/documentation/) with my API key.

Bruce S.