Finance-Quote 1.45 released!

Adriano adriano.baldi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:25:51 EST 2017

Hello Erik

Sorry for my English, I am Italian.

As always you did a great job!
And with a speed that does not allow me to compete ;-).
I'm following stock markets in the USA, Canada TSX and TSXV, Milan, London,
Oslo, Copenhagen and I can confirm that version 1.45 works very fine, even
for London with the division for 100.
For me I miss the (.IL)  market in London, quoted in USD / 100.
So I made a dirty edit to your work and for me it works fine.

    '.L'   => "GBP",    # United Kingdom	London
    '.IL'   => "USX",    # United Kingdom	London USD*100
);

       # deduce currency
        if ( $stock =~ /(\..*)/ ) {
            my $suffix = $1;
            if ( $currencies_by_suffix{$suffix} ) {
                $info{ $stock, 'currency' } =
$currencies_by_suffix{$suffix};

                # divide GBP quotes by 100
                if ( ($info{ $stock, 'currency' } eq 'GBP') ||
($info{$stock,'currency'} eq 'GBX') || ($info{$stock,'currency'} eq 'USX') )
{
                    foreach my $field ( $quoter->default_currency_fields ) {
                        next unless ( $info{ $stock, $field } );
                        $info{ $stock, $field } =
                            $quoter->scale_field( $info{ $stock, $field },
                                                  0.01 );
                    }
                }

                if ( ($info{$stock,'currency'} eq 'USX') ) {
					$info{ $stock, 'currency' } = 'USD';
                }
            }
        }
        else {
            $info{ $stock, 'currency' } = 'USD';
        }

I'm not an expert in Perl but if necessary I try to do my best for solve the
problem.
At the moment for those who like me use a variety of currencies and then
want to see everything in their local currency, remains the issue of daily
download of the exchange rate of currencies.
I think changing Currencies.pm for using AlphaVantage can be solve the
problem.
By accident, are you already working on this?
I asking you because you always beat me in speed and quality ;-)).

Thank you so much for your work!

Best regards

         Adriano Baldi