gnc-fq-dump doesn't work for most sources

Brian M. Sutin gnucash3 at skewray.com
Sun Nov 12 10:19:26 EST 2017

I am unable to get gnc-fq-dump to work on almost everything.  I am running
v1.45 on Ubuntu.  I did get a hit off of TIAA-CREF, so it works in general.

$ gnc-fq-dump -v vanguard VTSAX
    No results found for stock VTSAX.

$ gnc-fq-dump -v nasdaq ibm
    No results found for stock ibm.

$ gnc-fq-dump -v nyse ATGE
    No results found for stock ATGE.

$ gnc-fq-dump -v alphavantage ibm
    Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
	symbol: ibm (deduced)        <=== required
	  date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
      currency: ** missing **        <=== required
	  last:                      <=\
	   nav:                      <=== one of these
	 price:                      <=/
      timezone:                      <=== optional

    ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!

    All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock ibm

    stock           field  value
    -----           -----  -----
    ibm          errormsg: Expected ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY to be set; get an API key at https://www.alphavantage.co
    ibm              last: **missing**
    ibm               nav: **missing**
    ibm             price: **missing**
    ibm           success: 0

I *did* add the alphavantage key to /etc/gnucash/environment:

    # LANG=nl_BE
    # LANGUAGE={LANG}
    # added for quote retrieval
    ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=O**************G